Congratulations to the newly elected officers of the Association of Pre-Med Students for 2017-18!
President: Stephanie Parmeter
Vice President: Justin Harvey
Treasurer: Sammi Borsellino
Secretary: Katie O’Donnell
Chief Shadowing Coordinator: Madeleine Carroll
ER Shadowing Coordinator: Marissa Catanzaro
Volunteer Coordinator: Sarah Hosking
Habitat Coordinator: Cameron Williams
Public Relations: Julienne Zhou
Congratulations to the newly elected officers of Alpha Epsilon Delta 2017-18!
President: Kiana Saade
Vice President: Koheleth Seidman
Treasurer: Andre Ho
Secretary: Samaa Fadel
SA Liaison: Emily Li
It’s the Final Countdown! The 16th CASPA application opens tomorrow, April 27, for the launch of the 2017-2018 application cycle. PAEA welcomes 219 participating programs, including 5 developing program members this year.
Every year, Liaison International enhances the application so it’s in tip-top shape for applicants and programs alike come launch day. This year, while we’ve added some new options to the application, not a whole lot of changes have been made that will result in a major impact for applicants, advisors, or our participating programs.
Over the past five years, we’ve seen a steady increase in applicant numbers at approximately a 6% increase year over year (or cycle over cycle) and we predict we’ll see the same this cycle. Brace yourselves for a busy cycle!
Applicants should contact CASPA’s customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.612.2080 for assistance throughout this cycle. Best wishes for a great admissions cycle!
Applicant Help Center:
Five Tips for Your Applicants on Opening Day
- Be Prepared: if you thoroughly understand the process and have all your materials read, you’ll be in good shape to sail through your application. In fact, you will have a better experience if you spend an extra day or two preparing your materials rather than rushing to create an application.
- Read Up: if it’s been awhile (even if it hasn’t been) since you’ve checked out the FAQ, you should review how to prepare pre-launch and learn about application deadlines in our Applicant Help Center (linked above).
- Don’t Obsess About Applying on Opening Day: it’s not Black Friday or a concert, so relax…a little. We know you’ve worked hard to get to this point and we want to help you on the way to this important goal. Remember, the application will be available at night, the next day and weekend, and for months after that. You’ve got enough stress in your life and you can avoid additional tension by simply waiting a day or two to create your account and get started on your application.
- Anticipate Delays: with so many folks trying to apply on opening day, all elements of our operation may move a bit more slowly than normal. Our teams are certainly trained, ready, and eager to serve you during the next cycle, but wait times may be a bit higher for the first few days of the application season – this is normal. See #3 and we thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.
- Skip Opening Day: don’t take the day off from work or school to complete the application on April 27. Save your time for hiking, shopping, or a vacation instead and come back after the weekend to start your application.
We realize you’re excited, eager, and probably a bit nervous about this process. Be assured our teams understand the importance and the stress that comes with the application process. We hope you will take our advice, be well prepared, enjoy a few extra days of spring, and then undertake a successful application cycle!
CASPA Application Portal: https://caspa.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login
Webinar: Apply yourself – mastering the AADSAS
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Free for ASDA members, $10 for non-members
With each dental school receiving thousands of applications each year, what will you do to stand out? Join dental students as they tell their acceptance story and walk you step-by-step through the application to dental school. In addition, learn from a dental school assistant dean for admissions on how to distinguish yourself from the competition.
Riki Gottlieb, DMD, MS, assistant dean for admissions, VCU School of Dentistry
Sable Muntean, LECOM `18, 2016-17 chapter president
Craig McKenzie, Pennsylvania `21, 2016-17 predental consultant
David Holmes, clinical associate professor of family medicine and director of global health education, recently led a group of UB medical students and residents on a medical mission to Panama. The team worked with Floating Doctors, an organization that travels by boat to remote villages to provide medical care.
Read the rest of the article.
SUNY State College of Optometry has announced that registration for their Spring Open House is now open at www.sunyopt.edu/openhouse. The event is scheduled for Thursday, June 1st, 2017 from 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM.
Students are welcome to bring up to 2 guests. Any questions regarding the event should be directed to their General Admissions email at email@example.com.
Is applying to dental school on your horizon?
Want to learn more about dentistry—the #1 Job in the U.S.*?
Don’t miss the 2017 ADEA GoDental Virtual Fairs, ADEA’s two-day online event where you can visit multiple virtual dental school booths—without travel or registration fees.
ADEA AADSAS® Prep Day Live
Log in on Sunday, May 21 from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time to:
- Watch presentations about the Dental Admission Test (DAT), the ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (ADEA AADSAS) and the dental school application process.
- Chat live with a loan repayment strategist and representatives from ADEA AADSAS customer service and Fee Assistance Program (FAP).
- Download videos, brochures and other dental school information.
Dental School Chat Day Live
Log in on Thursday, June 15 from 2:00 to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time when you can:
- Hear directly from the source! Speak directly with admissions representatives from over 45 U.S. dental schools.
- Expand your knowledge and prepare. Watch presentations on a variety of topics, including financing a dental education, dental school interviews and much more.
- Gain new perspectives! Network with current dental students and other prospective dental school applicants in a live chat forum.
Register today on ADEA GoDental. You only need to register once to access both event days.
We encourage you to share this interactive, informative event with friends, classmates, colleagues and other individuals interested in dentistry.
“See” you in May!
-The ADEA GoDental Virtual Fairs Team
Spread the word with #GDVF17!
In an ideal world, you’d be able to visit every PA school you are interested in. You would see the campus, chat with faculty, and get your questions answered.
Well, we have the next best thing: virtual fairs. Not familiar with virtual fairs? They’re a way to connect with programs right from your computer or phone.
You can visit each program’s “room” and have direct access to faculty and staff. Learn more about programs, get application tips, and find out about admission requirements. You’ll also have access to a CASPA representative so you can get details about the application process. The best part? It’s FREE!
This year’s virtual fairs will be held on April 19–20 and July 18–19. You can register now for the April virtual fair.
Check out which PA programs are participating here.
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s that time of year. The American Medical College Application Service® (AMCAS®) 2018 application cycle will open on May 2, allowing you to begin preparing your application to medical schools. AMCAS is the centralized application service that collects, verifies, and delivers your application information and MCAT® score(s) to each school you choose.
Before you begin working through the application, check out these 10 tips to help you prepare for opening day.
Read the rest of the article here.
The CASPA 2017-2018 application cycle will open on April 27, 2017. Applicants may not create an account or submit documentation prior to creating an account on or after April 27, including transcripts or letters of reference. Any accounts created or documents received prior to this date will be discarded. Applicants will have the ability to activate re-applicant accounts for the 2017-2018 cycle. For additional information, please review the CASPA Instructions and FAQ and follow them on Facebook.