UB Freshmen “Prehealth 101” Small Group Advising (all rooms – 104D Norton)
- Wednesday, March 8, 3:00-4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 14, 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 28, 3:00-4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 30, 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 5, 2:00-3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 11, 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 13, 3:00-4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 19, 3:00-4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 25, 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 27, 2:00-3:30 p.m.
See Getting Started for more information about steps freshmen should be considering to prepare for admission to professional schools.
Prehealth Committee Student Information Meetings
- Thursday, February 9, 4:00–5:00 p.m. 210 Student Union
- Tuesday, February 14, 3:30–4:30 p.m. 210 Student Union
- Wednesday, February 22, 4:00–5:00 p.m. 210 Student Union
- Monday, February 27, 2:00-3:00 p.m. 210 Student Union
- Tuesday, March 7, 3:00-4:00 p.m. 210 Student Union
The Prehealth Committee Student Meetings are designed to provide you with all you need to know for applying for a Prehealth Committee Letter and detail how the process will work. The application deadline is March 15, 2017, so be sure to attend one of these meetings to sign your intent card!
Writing the Personal Statement
- Wednesday, February 15, 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. 210 Student Union
Your personal statement for application to the professional health schools (medical, dental, veterinary, optometry) is required and an *important* piece of your total application. Learn the DOs and DON’Ts of writing an EFFECTIVE essay that reflects all you have to offer. Get an opportunity to read and critique a sample personal statement. A detailed handbook for reference will be distributed.
So You Want to be a Doctor, Dentist, Vet, Chiropractor, Optometrist, Podiatrist, or Physician’s Assistant?
- Tuesday, April 4, 3:30-4:30 p.m. 210 Student Union
If you are a freshman, sophomore, or just beginning to think about applying to the professional health schools (e.g., medical school, vet school, dental school), come to this workshop to learn what you can be doing NOW to prepare. Learn how you can become a competitive applicant for admission to these schools by knowing the required courses, information about clinical experiences, recommendation letters, and admission tests. You also want to begin to reflect upon your personal characteristics and consider how these relate to being a health professional.
Preparing for Fall 2018 Application to the Professional Health Schools
- Wednesday, April 26, 4:00–5:30 p.m. 210 Student Union
Are you ready to apply for admission for Fall of 2018? Do you know what you need to do to submit a complete and competitive application? The Prehealth Committee process? The timelines? Get an overview of the APPLICATION CYCLE for ALL (medical, dental, optometry, podiatry, chiropractic, vet). A detailed handbook will be distributed describing your responsibilities, key deadlines, information regarding your personal statement, admissions tests, etc. Important information for ALL applicants!