It’s the Final Countdown! The 16th CASPA application opens tomorrow, April 27, for the launch of the 2017-2018 application cycle. PAEA welcomes 219 participating programs, including 5 developing program members this year.
Every year, Liaison International enhances the application so it’s in tip-top shape for applicants and programs alike come launch day. This year, while we’ve added some new options to the application, not a whole lot of changes have been made that will result in a major impact for applicants, advisors, or our participating programs.
Over the past five years, we’ve seen a steady increase in applicant numbers at approximately a 6% increase year over year (or cycle over cycle) and we predict we’ll see the same this cycle. Brace yourselves for a busy cycle!
Applicants should contact CASPA’s customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.612.2080 for assistance throughout this cycle. Best wishes for a great admissions cycle!
Applicant Help Center:
Five Tips for Your Applicants on Opening Day
- Be Prepared: if you thoroughly understand the process and have all your materials read, you’ll be in good shape to sail through your application. In fact, you will have a better experience if you spend an extra day or two preparing your materials rather than rushing to create an application.
- Read Up: if it’s been awhile (even if it hasn’t been) since you’ve checked out the FAQ, you should review how to prepare pre-launch and learn about application deadlines in our Applicant Help Center (linked above).
- Don’t Obsess About Applying on Opening Day: it’s not Black Friday or a concert, so relax…a little. We know you’ve worked hard to get to this point and we want to help you on the way to this important goal. Remember, the application will be available at night, the next day and weekend, and for months after that. You’ve got enough stress in your life and you can avoid additional tension by simply waiting a day or two to create your account and get started on your application.
- Anticipate Delays: with so many folks trying to apply on opening day, all elements of our operation may move a bit more slowly than normal. Our teams are certainly trained, ready, and eager to serve you during the next cycle, but wait times may be a bit higher for the first few days of the application season – this is normal. See #3 and we thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.
- Skip Opening Day: don’t take the day off from work or school to complete the application on April 27. Save your time for hiking, shopping, or a vacation instead and come back after the weekend to start your application.
We realize you’re excited, eager, and probably a bit nervous about this process. Be assured our teams understand the importance and the stress that comes with the application process. We hope you will take our advice, be well prepared, enjoy a few extra days of spring, and then undertake a successful application cycle!
CASPA Application Portal: https://caspa.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login