The 2018-2018 CASPA application cycle will open on Thursday, April 26, 2018. Applicants can create their application as of 12:00am ET on that date. Please read below for important cycle dates and information.
CASPA Fees & Fee Waivers
The CASPA application fees for the 2018-2019 cycle are as follows:
- First application designation: $179
- Each additional application designation: $52
The fee waiver bank will be increased to a total amount of $138,800, which amounts to approximately 775 fee waivers that will be awarded to eligible applicants.
Applicants should use the CASPA Applicant Help Center before staring an application. With additional questions, you may contact the customer service team directly at email@example.com or 617.612.2080 during regular business hours, Monday-Friday.
There are nine deadlines programs can select from in the application cycle. See a complete list of deadline dates and requirements (submit, complete, or verified) here. Note, information will be updated when the cycle goes live on April 26.
PAEA Program Directory
The PAEA Program Directory is currently under construction with updates for the 2019 entering class pending. It should be complete by June due to a recent merging of internal PAEA program surveys. We apologize for the delay of this resource, but please encourage your applicants to check out individual program websites for detailed requirements and information.
- WAIT! Don’t send documents to CASPA yet. Wait until launch day and when you’ve created an account before you send transcripts or letters of reference. Sending them in before April 26 will cause them to be shredded. Letters of reference must be submitted by the letter author, so don’t send those to CASPA either – you won’t get them back and they won’t be uploaded to your application under any circumstance.
- Save yourself the pain of an email response or phone call to customer service. Read the applicant help center before you start or re-start your application. 95% of the questions we receive can be answered here.
- You don’t have to start over. If you applied in the 2015-2016 application cycle or later then you can choose to carry over your application (or you can start fresh, it’s up to you). After the cycle launches, use your previous log in credentials and follow the prompts on screen.
- Skip launch day. Don’t take off work or skip class to start your CASPA application. Let launch day pass. It’s busy and the server can get overcrowded, causing delays or even the inability to access the application for some users. Save your day off for some real fun!
- Increase your chances of success by doing research, research, and more research. Then submitting. Applying early is a great idea, but the completeness and accuracy of the application is more important. Encourage applicants to take their time, research the individual PA program requirements (both prerequisite and application submission), and read all application instructions to ensure the accuracy of their application before submitting.
- Fee waivers are available as soon as the application cycle launches. Once an applicant is approved for a fee waiver, they must submit their application within 14 calendar days. An application cannot be submitted before fee waiver approval and there will be no extensions for fee waiver consideration if the 14-day window for submission is missed. The fee waiver pool is typically exhausted by June or early July every cycle, so plan ahead.
- Professional transcript entry (PTE) isn’t for everyone, but, if you don’t want to enter your coursework yourself and have the funds, it may be an option for you. Make sure you’re clear on how it works because once you pay for it, no refunds are issued, and sometimes PTE can take longer (think missed deadlines) than inputting the information yourself.
- You are responsible for your application status and progress, for inputting complete and accurate information, and getting your application to the ‘complete’ status, which then puts your application in line for verification.