Attendees will benefit from several free, live, online events for anyone interested in applying to dental school!
Wednesday, May 23 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time: Log in for Live Interviews With ADEA AADSAS® Staff! Experts from the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) and the American Dental Association (ADA) will share advice in three areas of the application process.
- Transcripts and coursework.
- The ADA Dental Admission Test (DAT).
Q&A session to follow – you don’t want to miss this live event. There are giveaways for participants!
Plus, students should join us on Thursday, May 24, to take advantage of a unique opportunity to visit with admissions staff from more than 50 dental schools from the convenience of a laptop or mobile device.
Also “stop by” the ADEA AADSAS virtual booth with your application questions on May 23 or May 24 between 2:00 – 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
“See” you soon!
– The ADEA GoDental Virtual Fairs Team
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have questions about applying to dental school? Find the answers during the FREE, live, online 2018 ADEA GoDental Virtual Fairs on May 23 and 24! Over these two days, prospective applicants can visit multiple dental school booths and learn about the ADEA AADSAS® application—without travel expenses or registration fees.
What attendees can expect at #GDVF18:
ADEA AADSAS Prep Day Live, May 23 from 2:00 – 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time (Online)
- Hear advice on completing a successful ADEA AADSAS application.
- Learn how to overcome common obstacles related to the application.
- Gain strategies to better prepare for the American Dental Association Dental Admission Test (ADA DAT).
- Benefit from the opportunity to chat with customer service representatives who can answer questions about ADEA AADSAS.
Dental School Chat Day, May 24 from 2:00 – 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time (Online)
- Interact with dental school admissions officers from more than 50 U.S. dental schools in live, virtual booth spaces.
- Watch video presentations on financial planning, interviewing and other “hot topics” for successful applicants.
Gain Early Access: Start the 2019 ADEA AADSAS Cycle in Mid-May!
NEW! The 2019 ADEA AADSAS® (American Dental Education Association Associated American Dental Schools Application Service) “soft opens” on May 15, 2018, allowing applicants to start the 2018-2019 application **three weeks prior** to the official opening.
- For applicants, this added preparatory time ends the pressure to submit same-day, resulting in applications at-the-ready for submission on June 5, 2018.
- The submission period runs from June 5, 2018 to February 1, 2019.
Top Benefits for Applicants
- Gain Early Access. With an early start in mid-May, applicants may submit in early June once the cycle opens.
- Plan Ahead. Applicants now have extra time to learn what the application requires and what is needed for its completion before having to submit it.
- Manage Application Costs. Applicants who request an ADEA Fee Assistance may obtain a decision in June.
The 2019 ADEA AADSAS Application Schedule
Starting May 15, 2018:
- Applicants and reapplicants may begin to prepare the 2019 ADEA AADSAS application in mid-May. Added time for preparation allows applicants to submit early—June 5, 2018 is the first date to submit an ADEA AADSAS application.
- Applicants can print the Transcript Matching Form and send it to their registrar’s office.
- Applicants can request recommendation letters.
- ADEA AADSAS will accept Dental Admission Test (DAT) scores from the American Dental Association (ADA).
- Applicants requesting funding from the ADEA Fee Assistance Program (FAP) can mail the required documents to ADEA AADSAS.
Starting June 5, 2018:
- Applicants and reapplicants, make the choice to submit early—June 5, 2018 is the first date to submit an ADEA AADSAS application.
- If all official transcripts are received, ADEA AADSAS will start the application verification process.
- Applicants who submitted all required documents for ADEA Fee Assistance will begin receiving decision statuses.
Questions? Review the ADEA AADSAS instructions on ADEA GoDental or contact the ADEA AADSAS Customer Service Team at email@example.com or 617.612.2045.
May 15, 2018: 2019 ADEA AADSAS application opens for applicants. Start your application today and submit on June 5.
June 5, 2018: 2018 ADEA AADSAS application opens for applicants
August 15 – September 30, 2018: Academic Update period (1st academic period)
December 1, 2018 – February 1, 2019: Academic Update period (2nd academic period)
February 1, 2019: 2019 ADEA AADSAS closes
February 15, 2019: Last day to submit all official documents to ADEA AADSAS
Mark Your Calendar: The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) is partnering with Kaplan® Test Prep to present Strategies for a Successful DAT, and you’re invited!
Webinar: Strategies for a Successful DAT
Thursday, February 8, 2018
7:00 – 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Join us for this FREE live, one-hour webinar on preparing for the Dental Admission Test (DAT), featuring representatives from Kaplan Test Prep and two U.S. dental schools.
You will learn:
- How the DAT factors into the admissions process.
- Which scores appear in ADEA AADSAS®—the application to dental school.
- The best study strategies for test-taking.
- How to tackle the more complex practice DAT questions.
- Where to learn more about the DAT.
- B.Lamont Lowery, Director of Admissions, East Carolina University School of
- Kay H. Malone III, D.D.S., FAGD, Admissions Advisor, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio School of Dentistry
- Petros Minasi, Director of Pre-Health Programs, Kaplan Test Prep
Attend February 8 and take your DAT preparation to the next level!
The Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP) is a free summer enrichment program focused on improving access to information and resources for college students interested in the health professions. SHPEP’s goal is to strengthen the academic proficiency and career development of students underrepresented in the health professions and to prepare them for a successful application and matriculation to health professions schools. SHPEP, formerly known as the Summer Medical and Dental Education Program (SMDEP), expanded in 2016 to include a broader array of health professions—part of an effort by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) that works to build a Culture of Health.
Below is information on upcoming webinars as part of National ASDA Predental Month in October. All webinars will be recorded for registrants to access later.
Some of the listed webinars are free for ASDA members only.
Oct. 3, 7 – 8:30 p.m. CDT
DAT resources & study habits
Oct. 10, 7 – 8:30 p.m. CDT
Paying for dental school
Oct. 16, 7 – 8:30 p.m. CDT
Free for ASDA members only
Scholarships for aspiring dental students
Oct. 17, 7 – 8:30 p.m. CDT
Interviewing for dental school (live mock interview)
Oct. 23, 7 – 8:30 p.m. CDT
Free for ASDA members only
Non-traditional paths to dental school
Oct. 24, 7 – 8:30 p.m. CDT
Free for ASDA members only
Brian Jones, membership development manager
American Student Dental Association
211 E. Chicago Ave., Suite 700 | Chicago, IL 60611
312-440-2841 | ASDAnet.org
Students interested in osteopathic medicine, pharmacy, and dental medicine are cordially invited to attend an Open House at one of the three locations of the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM):
Saturday, November 11, in Bradenton, FL
Friday, November 17, in Greensburg, PA
Saturday, November 18, in Erie, PA
At this event you will have the opportunity to learn more about LECOM and all that it has to offer. In addition to demonstrations and tours, there will be plenty of time to speak directly with our students, faculty, and staff. Families and friends are welcome. We ask that you choose a location and then RSVP as instructed through the link below:
If you have any questions or cannot attend the event but would still like information regarding LECOM, please contact me or visit our website at www.lecom.edu. For additional information, you may also search for LECOM in the Apple App Store on your iPhone or iPad or download the LECOM app through Google plan on your Android smartphone or tablet.
Webinar: Predental wellness: Dealing with rejection – Register
Date: September 11, 2017, 7-8:30pm CDT
Description: Only 50% of applicants are accepted into dental school each year, leaving the remaining half of applicants dejected. In extreme cases, some of those are at risk for depression, anxiety and a loss of ambition. The panelists for this webinar will teach you how to develop strong habits and healthy ways to respond to rejection. In addition, a dental student will share their own personal journey of overcoming initial rejection and eventually gaining acceptance into dental school.
Erica Ashauer, M.A., director of health professions advising at Elmhurst College
Sable Muntean, LECOM ’18