The 2018 ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (ADEA AADSAS®) cycle is open! Applicants can now begin applying online.
Greetings from AAVMC! With the VMCAS 2018 application opening tomorrow the annual webinar listings have been updated to include the VMCAS 2018 Application Workshop! Here is a list of our offerings:
The Road To Veterinary School
Audience: Pre-Veterinary Students; Pre-Vet & Pre-Health Advisors
Summary: learn how to prepare for the VMCAS application and find out what you should be doing during your early undergraduate career leading up to applying for veterinary school
Schedule: Monthly (May, June and July)
VMCAS 2018 Workshops
Audience: VMCAS 2018 Applicants; Pre-Vet & Pre-Health Advisors
Summary: Join VMCAS staff and ask questions about your application, troubleshoot and generally learn about the application and the entire process of applying.
Schedule: Monthly (June, July, August & September)
For more information and to register for any of these webinars, please go to: http://www.aavmc.org/webinars.aspx
The 2018 AMCAS application cycle is now open. While the information entered in the application is straightforward, it can be easy to make simple mistakes that may delay processing time. We asked the AMCAS Verification Team, who reviews and processes thousands of applications each year, to provide some essential tips to help you successfully complete your application and avoid potential delays.
Read the article.
It’s the Final Countdown! The 16th CASPA application opens tomorrow, April 27, for the launch of the 2017-2018 application cycle. PAEA welcomes 219 participating programs, including 5 developing program members this year.
Every year, Liaison International enhances the application so it’s in tip-top shape for applicants and programs alike come launch day. This year, while we’ve added some new options to the application, not a whole lot of changes have been made that will result in a major impact for applicants, advisors, or our participating programs.
Over the past five years, we’ve seen a steady increase in applicant numbers at approximately a 6% increase year over year (or cycle over cycle) and we predict we’ll see the same this cycle. Brace yourselves for a busy cycle!
Applicants should contact CASPA’s customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.612.2080 for assistance throughout this cycle. Best wishes for a great admissions cycle!
Applicant Help Center:
Five Tips for Your Applicants on Opening Day
- Be Prepared: if you thoroughly understand the process and have all your materials read, you’ll be in good shape to sail through your application. In fact, you will have a better experience if you spend an extra day or two preparing your materials rather than rushing to create an application.
- Read Up: if it’s been awhile (even if it hasn’t been) since you’ve checked out the FAQ, you should review how to prepare pre-launch and learn about application deadlines in our Applicant Help Center (linked above).
- Don’t Obsess About Applying on Opening Day: it’s not Black Friday or a concert, so relax…a little. We know you’ve worked hard to get to this point and we want to help you on the way to this important goal. Remember, the application will be available at night, the next day and weekend, and for months after that. You’ve got enough stress in your life and you can avoid additional tension by simply waiting a day or two to create your account and get started on your application.
- Anticipate Delays: with so many folks trying to apply on opening day, all elements of our operation may move a bit more slowly than normal. Our teams are certainly trained, ready, and eager to serve you during the next cycle, but wait times may be a bit higher for the first few days of the application season – this is normal. See #3 and we thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.
- Skip Opening Day: don’t take the day off from work or school to complete the application on April 27. Save your time for hiking, shopping, or a vacation instead and come back after the weekend to start your application.
We realize you’re excited, eager, and probably a bit nervous about this process. Be assured our teams understand the importance and the stress that comes with the application process. We hope you will take our advice, be well prepared, enjoy a few extra days of spring, and then undertake a successful application cycle!
CASPA Application Portal: https://caspa.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login
Webinar: Apply yourself – mastering the AADSAS
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Free for ASDA members, $10 for non-members
With each dental school receiving thousands of applications each year, what will you do to stand out? Join dental students as they tell their acceptance story and walk you step-by-step through the application to dental school. In addition, learn from a dental school assistant dean for admissions on how to distinguish yourself from the competition.
Riki Gottlieb, DMD, MS, assistant dean for admissions, VCU School of Dentistry
Sable Muntean, LECOM `18, 2016-17 chapter president
Craig McKenzie, Pennsylvania `21, 2016-17 predental consultant
Is applying to dental school on your horizon?
Want to learn more about dentistry—the #1 Job in the U.S.*?
Don’t miss the 2017 ADEA GoDental Virtual Fairs, ADEA’s two-day online event where you can visit multiple virtual dental school booths—without travel or registration fees.
ADEA AADSAS® Prep Day Live
Log in on Sunday, May 21 from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time to:
- Watch presentations about the Dental Admission Test (DAT), the ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (ADEA AADSAS) and the dental school application process.
- Chat live with a loan repayment strategist and representatives from ADEA AADSAS customer service and Fee Assistance Program (FAP).
- Download videos, brochures and other dental school information.
Dental School Chat Day Live
Log in on Thursday, June 15 from 2:00 to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time when you can:
- Hear directly from the source! Speak directly with admissions representatives from over 45 U.S. dental schools.
- Expand your knowledge and prepare. Watch presentations on a variety of topics, including financing a dental education, dental school interviews and much more.
- Gain new perspectives! Network with current dental students and other prospective dental school applicants in a live chat forum.
Register today on ADEA GoDental. You only need to register once to access both event days.
We encourage you to share this interactive, informative event with friends, classmates, colleagues and other individuals interested in dentistry.
“See” you in May!
-The ADEA GoDental Virtual Fairs Team
Spread the word with #GDVF17!
It’s that time of year. The American Medical College Application Service® (AMCAS®) 2018 application cycle will open on May 2, allowing you to begin preparing your application to medical schools. AMCAS is the centralized application service that collects, verifies, and delivers your application information and MCAT® score(s) to each school you choose.
The CASPA 2017-2018 application cycle will open on April 27, 2017. Applicants may not create an account or submit documentation prior to creating an account on or after April 27, including transcripts or letters of reference. Any accounts created or documents received prior to this date will be discarded. Applicants will have the ability to activate re-applicant accounts for the 2017-2018 cycle. For additional information, please review the CASPA Instructions and FAQ and follow them on Facebook.
**The EARLY submission of complete and comprehensive centralized applications is strongly encouraged.**
Key Dates for AMCAS (MD)
American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS) Opens for MD Applicants – May 2, 2017
Submission of applications allowed – June 1, 2017
First batch of processed and verified applications transmitted to MD Schools – June 30, 2017
Additional information can be found at https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/applying-medical-school-process/applying-medical-school-amcas/ in the month of April.
Key AACOMAS Dates/DO Applicant Information
American Association of Schools of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS) Opens for Completion and Submission – May 4, 2017
First batch of processed and verified applications transmitted to DO Schools – June 15, 2017
Academic Update (Coursework) Periods:
- Sept 1, 2017 – Oct 13, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 – Feb 15, 2018
- Mar 15, 2018 – Apr 13, 2018
More information about Academic Update is included below.
Updates for the 2017-2018 AACOMAS Cycle
- Repeat Coursework Policy Change
Effective May 1, 2017, AACOMAS will include all course attempts in the GPA calculation. This change applies to students matriculating into the 2018-2019 academic year. In the event of multiple attempts of the same course, AACOMAS will no longer drop initial course attempts from the GPA calculation. Osteopathic medical schools may continue recalculating and weighing applicant GPAs per their established admissions practices. The scope of this policy change is limited to the AACOMAS verified GPA calculation. For additional information, see the full notice.
College Information Resources
- AACOM plans to create online content about each US college of osteopathic medicine available on the AACOM website by the end of April. More CIB content will also be digitally loaded onto the website. As in previous cycles, all paid members of NAAHP will receive a complimentary copy of the 2018 Osteopathic Medical College Information Book (CIB) in the mail by the end of May. The 2017 CIB is available online at www.aacom.org/cib.
Tips for Applying
- Apply Early (but don’t rush!)
While AACOMAS opens for submissions on May 4, colleges do not begin receiving and reviewing files until June 15. While applying early (by August 1) increases an applicant’s chances of obtaining an interview at a college of osteopathic medicine, students are still encouraged take their time in carefully completing their application.
- Fee Waivers
A limited number of AACOMAS fee waivers are available at the start of each cycle. AACOM plans to allocate additional funds for fee waivers this cycle, but traditionally, funds are exhausted by July. Once approved for a fee waiver, applicants must submit their application within 14 days (including holidays and weekends). For these reasons, advisors should encourage applicants to carefully review all fee waiver instructions and adjust their application timeline accordingly.
- FAQ: Missing Official MCAT Scores
Questions about missing official MCAT scores are one of the most frequent reasons for contacting AACOMAS customer service. Submitting official MCAT scores to AACOMAS is a 2-step process:
- Applicants must accurately self-report their name, date of birth, and AAMC ID (distributed upon taking the MCAT exam) in the AACOMAS application.
- Applicants must visit the MCAT Score Reporting System website and electronically release official scores to AACOMAS.
- Academic Update (Coursework) Periods
Academic Update enables applicants to enter newly completed or planned courses in their application after it has been submitted and verified. Failing to submit updated coursework may delay a college’s review of the applicant’s file. Encourage applicants to submit updates and final transcripts to AACOMAS during the designated Academic Update Periods outlined above.
Contacting Customer Service
- Applicant Customer Service
Questions about the AACOMAS application or the Evaluator Portal (letters/references) should be directed to email@example.com or (617) 612-2889 Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm ET.