NOW OPEN: OptomCAS has just launched for application cycle 2018-2019! As of today, applicants can begin to complete their application. The application is available at https://www.optomcas.org/ and also directly at http://optomcas.liaisoncas.com.
MORE INFORMATION: General information about the OptomCAS process along with more specific information about LORs and prerequisites, etc. can be found on the OptomCAS website. I would also recommend our Applicants and Advisors page that is a wonderful resource for applicants.
With the launch of the 18-19 OptomCAS application happening June 28th, SUNY Optometry invites you to attend their Admissions Camp this summer:
- Date: Wednesday, July 18th, 2018
- Time: 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- Location: SUNY Optometry campus
- Register: www.sunyopt.edu/camp
Throughout the day, they’ll be providing tips and insights on how to build a competitive application, including: the personal statement, how to interview successfully, preparing for the OAT, strengthening self-control muscle, and more.
The camp will be of value to any pre-health student, at any stage of their undergraduate careers, but particularly beneficial to those applying this upcoming cycle.
Please see message below from the Director of Career Development and Minority Enrichment at SUNY Optometry, Dr. Quy Nguyen:
Are you interested in learning more about the profession of optometry? We have opened our application cycle for new students for 2 programs:
1) Spring Internship: Monday June 4 – Friday June 15. This is an exploratory program, designed to let students shadow in the clinics, visit private practices, go through professional school readiness workshops, network with our students and faculty, and do a research presentation to name a few.
2) Summer Academic Program: Every Tuesday, May 29 – July 24th. In this academic program, students will get a chance to take introductory optometry curriculum courses with our renowned faculty, for 2 elective credits, possibly transferrable to the students’ college institution. They also get a chance to shadow one day in the clinic.
For more information, visit:
**Applicants for the internship program must be New York State Residents and identify with a historically underrepresented group or an economically disadvantaged background.**
The 12th Annual I-DOC (Improving Diversity in Optometric Careers) program will take place on the campus of The Ohio State University from July 22-25, 2018. We welcome applications from your students through our April 9 deadline. I-DOC is an intensive three-day residential program that introduces participants to the profession of optometry. The purpose of I-DOC is to attract ethnically underrepresented minority undergraduate college students to careers in optometry. Our goal is to increase the number of underrepresented students who enter into optometry schools not just here at Ohio State, but across the nation. Thirty spots are available for the program this summer with financial assistance covering all meals, on-campus housing, activities, and airfare for those travelling to Columbus up to $500.
Application information, eligibility, and more information can be found at https://u.osu.edu/idoc/
SUNY Optometry is happy to announce that registration for their Winter Open House is open at www.sunyopt.edu/openhouse. The event is scheduled for less than a month away, Thursday, January 11th, 2018 from 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM.
Students are welcome to bring up to 2 guests. Any questions regarding the event should be directed to the General Admissions email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUNY Optometry has announced that they are offering a number of opportunities to connect with them and learn more about their program this fall/winter:
- Tour Tuesdays – Excellent opportunity to tour our state of the art facilities, interact with current students, meet with an admissions representative, and enjoy an afternoon in the highly acclaimed Bryant Park.
- Upcoming dates: Tuesdays, November 21st, 2017 and December 19th, 2017, 12:00-1:00 PM
- Register here
- ‘Explore SUNY’ webinar – Learn more about our Doctor of Optometry program, dual OD/MS and OD/PhD programs, MBA certificate program, and an overview of the admissions process.
- Winter Open House – Great opportunity to explore the profession by meeting faculty members, learning what it is like to be an optometry student by interacting with current students, and learning tips on how to build a competitive application.
- Date: Thursday, January 11th, 2018, 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM
- Register here
Students are welcome to bring up to 2 guests for any of the events. Any questions should be directed to General Admissions at email@example.com.
Saturday, September 30th – 12:30 – 4:30pm
Ohio State University College of Optometry
338 West 10th Ave
Columbus, OH 43210
Our Autumn Visit Day at The Ohio State University College of Optometry offers a special opportunity to learn more about the admissions process, opportunities to tour our academic and clinical facilities, explore careers in optometry, and meet with college faculty, students, administrators, and alumni. We encourage high school and college students, as well as alumni, practitioners, and academic advisors to attend this event.
Reservations are requested. For more information, or to make a reservation, please visit https://optometry.osu.edu/visitday
NOW OPEN: OptomCAS has just launched for application cycle 2017-2018! As of today, applicants can begin to complete their application. The application is available at www.optomcas.org and also directly at http://optomcas.liaisoncas.com.
MORE INFORMATION: General information about the OptomCAS process along with more specific information about LORs and prerequisites, etc. can be found on the OptomCAS website. The Applicants and Advisors page is a useful resource for applicants.