It’s the Final Countdown! The 16th CASPA application opens tomorrow, April 27, for the launch of the 2017-2018 application cycle. PAEA welcomes 219 participating programs, including 5 developing program members this year.
Every year, Liaison International enhances the application so it’s in tip-top shape for applicants and programs alike come launch day. This year, while we’ve added some new options to the application, not a whole lot of changes have been made that will result in a major impact for applicants, advisors, or our participating programs.
Over the past five years, we’ve seen a steady increase in applicant numbers at approximately a 6% increase year over year (or cycle over cycle) and we predict we’ll see the same this cycle. Brace yourselves for a busy cycle!
Applicants should contact CASPA’s customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.612.2080 for assistance throughout this cycle. Best wishes for a great admissions cycle!
Applicant Help Center:
Five Tips for Your Applicants on Opening Day
- Be Prepared: if you thoroughly understand the process and have all your materials read, you’ll be in good shape to sail through your application. In fact, you will have a better experience if you spend an extra day or two preparing your materials rather than rushing to create an application.
- Read Up: if it’s been awhile (even if it hasn’t been) since you’ve checked out the FAQ, you should review how to prepare pre-launch and learn about application deadlines in our Applicant Help Center (linked above).
- Don’t Obsess About Applying on Opening Day: it’s not Black Friday or a concert, so relax…a little. We know you’ve worked hard to get to this point and we want to help you on the way to this important goal. Remember, the application will be available at night, the next day and weekend, and for months after that. You’ve got enough stress in your life and you can avoid additional tension by simply waiting a day or two to create your account and get started on your application.
- Anticipate Delays: with so many folks trying to apply on opening day, all elements of our operation may move a bit more slowly than normal. Our teams are certainly trained, ready, and eager to serve you during the next cycle, but wait times may be a bit higher for the first few days of the application season – this is normal. See #3 and we thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.
- Skip Opening Day: don’t take the day off from work or school to complete the application on April 27. Save your time for hiking, shopping, or a vacation instead and come back after the weekend to start your application.
We realize you’re excited, eager, and probably a bit nervous about this process. Be assured our teams understand the importance and the stress that comes with the application process. We hope you will take our advice, be well prepared, enjoy a few extra days of spring, and then undertake a successful application cycle!
CASPA Application Portal: https://caspa.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login
In an ideal world, you’d be able to visit every PA school you are interested in. You would see the campus, chat with faculty, and get your questions answered.
Well, we have the next best thing: virtual fairs. Not familiar with virtual fairs? They’re a way to connect with programs right from your computer or phone.
You can visit each program’s “room” and have direct access to faculty and staff. Learn more about programs, get application tips, and find out about admission requirements. You’ll also have access to a CASPA representative so you can get details about the application process. The best part? It’s FREE!
This year’s virtual fairs will be held on April 19–20 and July 18–19. You can register now for the April virtual fair.
Check out which PA programs are participating here.
Have questions? Email email@example.com.
The CASPA 2017-2018 application cycle will open on April 27, 2017. Applicants may not create an account or submit documentation prior to creating an account on or after April 27, including transcripts or letters of reference. Any accounts created or documents received prior to this date will be discarded. Applicants will have the ability to activate re-applicant accounts for the 2017-2018 cycle. For additional information, please review the CASPA Instructions and FAQ and follow them on Facebook.
Are you a college freshman or sophomore seeking a summer career-enrichment opportunity within the health professions? Register today to join the upcoming Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP) webinar and get an in-depth look into all the program has to offer. The webinar will occur Thursday, January 26, 2017 @ 5 PM EST. Register today for the SHPEP webinar to learn the first-hand experience of past SHPEP scholars who successfully completed the 6-week summer career-enrichment experience! Webinar panelists will include SHPEP alumni and ambassadors who will discuss the academic possibilities they obtained, thanks to their educational experience at the SHPEP. The University of Iowa will also offer great tips and insight to potential applicants eager to apply.
Formerly SMDEP (Summer Medical and Dental Education Program), the program expanded in 2016 to include a broader range of health professions beyond medicine and dentistry to include pharmacy, nursing, optometry, public health, physical therapy and physician assistant. Participation in the summer enrichment program may better position students for acceptance into advanced degree programs. Students should visit www.shpep.org to learn more and apply to the SHPEP today. The application deadline is March 1, 2017.
As a health professions student, you need to be aware of the complex issues that shape the health care field in the United States. Some of the most urgent topics today revolve around our nation’s need to eliminate inequities in the quality and availability of health care for ethnic, racial and economic minorities. Closely connected to this is the need to increase both the diversity and the cultural competence of our health care workforce.
Please click to read more…
From the AAMC Pre-Med Navigator:
A New Career Opportunity in the Summer Health Professions Education Program
|The Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP), formerly known as the Summer Medical and Dental Education Program (SMDEP), is a unique free summer opportunity for college freshmen and sophomores to experience first-hand what medical school is all about. SHPEP is expanding to accept students interested in a variety of health professions, in addition to medicine and dentistry, and is an experience that can create a lasting impression. Learn more about the program and the benefits of participating.
|Learn more →