Below are the important changes to know about the VMCAS 2018 Personal Essay Prompts:
- The existing personal statement for veterinary medicine has been retired
- Three new questions will be implemented for this cycle, each requiring 1,000 characters each.
- The prompts are as follows:
- There are many career choices within the veterinary profession. What are your future career goals and why?
- In what ways do veterinarians contribute to society and what do you hope to contribute?
- Considering the breadth of society we serve as veterinarians today; what attributes do you believe are essential to be successful within the veterinary profession? Of these attributes, which do you possess and how have you demonstrated these in the past?