The American Dental Education Association Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (ADEA AADSAS®) is now open on a redesigned platform.
Here are five tips to help you successfully complete the application to dental school.
- Don’t wait on transcripts, DAT or letters of evaluation to submit. While transcripts are a required part of the application, they are not necessary in order to submit the application. Applicants can submit and continue to monitor the receipt of all post-secondary transcripts.
- Complete the program materials section. The program materials section is new this year. Many schools ask applicants to respond to questions specific to their institutions and to indicate which of their courses fulfill the school’s prerequisites. This section is required and must be completed before the application is submitted.
- Check messages in the application. ADEA AADSAS posts messages in the application. If there is an error with the application or the applicant status has changed, the applicant will receive a note. Applicants should check in regularly to ensure they haven’t missed any critical information.
- Use an updated resume to complete the experiences and achievements sections. While applicants typically work on the experiences and achievements sections last, there’s no need to wait. Updated resumes are a great roadmap to complete these sections.
- Have the personal statement edited by an advisor or peer. The personal statement will be sent to each dental school where an applicant applies. In order to ensure it is a good reflection of character and that there are no grammatical errors, applicants should have the personal statement reviewed by an advisor or other trusted individual who will be able to provide helpful feedback.
Note: Applicants who submit by August 1, 2017 will be invited to “Interviews With Five U.S. Dental Schools,” an exclusive, live webinar to gain first-hand interview tips from dental school admissions staff.
If you have questions or concerns about the application, contact ADEA AADSAS customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-612-2045.