We are pleased to announce the US 2020 MCAT® calendar is now
available online. Follow us on Twitter @AAMC_MCAT for regular updates and
We are also excited to share with you several updates to the MCAT Official Prep portfolio offered by the AAMC. This October 2019, the AAMC will launch two new, low-cost MCAT Official Prep products written by the test developers and two enhanced free resources to help you prepare for test day. Stay tuned for the official launch announcement.
New AAMC MCAT Official Prep Low-Cost Products
- AAMC MCAT Official Prep
Practice Exam 4: Practice Exam 4 will be the
fifth full-length practice exam made available by the AAMC and fourth
full-length practice exam to include estimated scaled scoring to help students
prepare for and simulate the MCAT testing conditions. This practice exam will
also include explanations for all answer choices.
- AAMC MCAT Official Prep Online Flashcards: An online version of the current print AAMC MCAT Official Flashcards and contains the same 150-individual practice questions. Students will be able to access these questions via their computer or mobile devices and track their progress in the MCAT Official Prep Hub’s online score reports.
Enhanced AAMC MCAT Official Prep Free Resources
- How to Create an MCAT Study Plan Online Guide: Study plans are an important way to help students stay organized and on track. The guide includes six steps to creating a personalized MCAT exam preparation strategy. It also provides information on how to use AAMC MCAT Official Prep resources and products. The guide includes worksheets to help examinees track their progress. Students can download the Study Plan Guide or access it as an online tool by visiting the AAMC MCAT Official Prep Hub at www.aamc.org/mcatprep.
- Updated Practice with Exam Features Tool: This free tool has been updated with 12 MCAT questions, three from each section, and allows students to become familiar with the various features of the MCAT exam, such as highlight and strikethrough. All questions include the correct answer and solution explanation.
The new MCAT Official Prep products, Practice Exam 4 and the online flashcards, will be added to the AAMC Fee Assistance Program starting in October 2019. AAMC Fee Assistance Program awardees who have opted to receive their MCAT Official Prep products benefit in 2019 will also be granted access to these products, in addition to the current online AAMC MCAT Official Prep products. Please visit our website for more information and the full list of Fee Assistance Program benefits. If you have questions about the Fee Assistance Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-828-0600.
“What other dental schools have you applied to?” This is a popular question asked by friends, family, peers, advisors, mentors and other predental students in forums online. Sometimes, it’s asked during dental school interviews. You probably know that the ADEA AADAS® (ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service) application asks you to list the schools to which you applied in prior application cycles. But did you know that some dental schools will also ask you to report the schools to which you are applying in the current application cycle?
Webinar: Meet UQ Ochsner Students
current UQ Ochsner Students and an Admissions Advisor.
7pm ET/6pm CT/5pm MT/4pm PT
Interested in applying to UQ
Ochsner Clinical School?
Join us Aug. 6 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time for the second installment of The Many Faces of Public Health Service webinar series. Paul Garrard, national student loan expert and ADEA Senior Advisor for Student Financial Services, explains how working in the public nonprofit sector, including the U.S. Public Health Service, can help you retire your dental school debt tax free in ten years.
Attendees will learn:
- What the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program is,
- How to enroll and qualify for forgiveness under PSLF and
- Proposed changes to the program and the potential impact on borrowers.
As you consider financing options for dental school and managing your student loans after you graduate, this webinar can help you decide if the PSLF should be part of your repayment strategy.
Meet the Presenter: Paul S. Garrard
ADEA Senior Advisor for Student Financial Services
Founder and President of PGPresents, LLC
With more than 35 years of experience in higher education and student financial aid, Paul Garrard is one of the most well-known and in-demand educational debt management experts in the nation, especially in the health professions community. He has extensive experience in the nonprofit and for-profit sectors of higher education. In 2008, he started his own consulting firm, PGPresents, LLC, designed to help promote responsible student loan borrowing and repayment.
Register for the Webinar
It can be easy to assume that academic metrics are all that matters in the admissions process. However, admissions committees are looking at many different factors when evaluating applications. Learn about two of the 15 Core Competencies that are important qualities for entering medical students.
Applying to medical school can feel overwhelming at times, but it doesn’t always have to feel that way. It’s normal to feel anxious about the process, but there are resources to help you manage stress and keep yourself on track.