Mark May 14, 2019 on your calendar!
The 2020 ADEA AADSAS® (American Dental Education Association Associated American Dental Schools Application Service) application “soft launch” is on May 14. The soft launch allows you three weeks to work on and refine your application information. You may submit your application starting on June 4.
Why is it important to get a jump start on your application in
- You’ll be ready to apply early! Three extra weeks to collect materials and polish your answers allows you to be one of the first to submit in June.
- Your Fee Assistance Program (FAP) application can also be submitted for review starting May 14! Decisions will be released starting June 4.
- Be an early contender for the first interview spots. Dental schools review applications on a rolling basis—so position your application for a prime review spot!
Make your application stand out by taking advantage of this opportunity.
As you prepare for May 14, be sure to check out ADEA
GoDental for helpful information, resources and other
important dates. View the Events Calendar for
information about upcoming webinars and events to help prepare. The updated 2020
ADEA AADSAS application instructions are now available.
Questions? Contact ADEA AADSAS Customer Service at email@example.com
ADEA is pleased
to announce a new resource that benefits prospective dental
students—the Enrichment Programs Calendar on ADEA
GoDental! The calendar
is exclusively designed around enrichment programs and experiences in the
United States that focus on dentistry.
search by program name, application deadline, state, educational level and
focus area to find opportunities to bolster their preparation for dental
school. Programs listed on the calendar offer enrichment experiences for
all levels of education—high school, college, post baccalaureate and graduate
We encourage students to check the calendar often as new programs and events will be added continuously.
Do you have questions about applying to dental school? Find the answers during the FREE, live, online 2018 ADEA GoDental Virtual Fairs on May 23 and 24! Over these two days, prospective applicants can visit multiple dental school booths and learn about the ADEA AADSAS® application—without travel expenses or registration fees.
What attendees can expect at #GDVF18:
ADEA AADSAS Prep Day Live, May 23 from 2:00 – 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time (Online)
- Hear advice on completing a successful ADEA AADSAS application.
- Learn how to overcome common obstacles related to the application.
- Gain strategies to better prepare for the American Dental Association Dental Admission Test (ADA DAT).
- Benefit from the opportunity to chat with customer service representatives who can answer questions about ADEA AADSAS.
Dental School Chat Day, May 24 from 2:00 – 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time (Online)
- Interact with dental school admissions officers from more than 50 U.S. dental schools in live, virtual booth spaces.
- Watch video presentations on financial planning, interviewing and other “hot topics” for successful applicants.
Gain Early Access: Start the 2019 ADEA AADSAS Cycle in Mid-May!
NEW! The 2019 ADEA AADSAS® (American Dental Education Association Associated American Dental Schools Application Service) “soft opens” on May 15, 2018, allowing applicants to start the 2018-2019 application **three weeks prior** to the official opening.
- For applicants, this added preparatory time ends the pressure to submit same-day, resulting in applications at-the-ready for submission on June 5, 2018.
- The submission period runs from June 5, 2018 to February 1, 2019.
Top Benefits for Applicants
- Gain Early Access. With an early start in mid-May, applicants may submit in early June once the cycle opens.
- Plan Ahead. Applicants now have extra time to learn what the application requires and what is needed for its completion before having to submit it.
- Manage Application Costs. Applicants who request an ADEA Fee Assistance may obtain a decision in June.
The 2019 ADEA AADSAS Application Schedule
Starting May 15, 2018:
- Applicants and reapplicants may begin to prepare the 2019 ADEA AADSAS application in mid-May. Added time for preparation allows applicants to submit early—June 5, 2018 is the first date to submit an ADEA AADSAS application.
- Applicants can print the Transcript Matching Form and send it to their registrar’s office.
- Applicants can request recommendation letters.
- ADEA AADSAS will accept Dental Admission Test (DAT) scores from the American Dental Association (ADA).
- Applicants requesting funding from the ADEA Fee Assistance Program (FAP) can mail the required documents to ADEA AADSAS.
Starting June 5, 2018:
- Applicants and reapplicants, make the choice to submit early—June 5, 2018 is the first date to submit an ADEA AADSAS application.
- If all official transcripts are received, ADEA AADSAS will start the application verification process.
- Applicants who submitted all required documents for ADEA Fee Assistance will begin receiving decision statuses.
Questions? Review the ADEA AADSAS instructions on ADEA GoDental or contact the ADEA AADSAS Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.612.2045.
May 15, 2018: 2019 ADEA AADSAS application opens for applicants. Start your application today and submit on June 5.
June 5, 2018: 2018 ADEA AADSAS application opens for applicants
August 15 – September 30, 2018: Academic Update period (1st academic period)
December 1, 2018 – February 1, 2019: Academic Update period (2nd academic period)
February 1, 2019: 2019 ADEA AADSAS closes
February 15, 2019: Last day to submit all official documents to ADEA AADSAS
Below is information on upcoming webinars as part of National ASDA Predental Month in October. All webinars will be recorded for registrants to access later.
Some of the listed webinars are free for ASDA members only.
Oct. 3, 7 – 8:30 p.m. CDT
DAT resources & study habits
Oct. 10, 7 – 8:30 p.m. CDT
Paying for dental school
Oct. 16, 7 – 8:30 p.m. CDT
Free for ASDA members only
Scholarships for aspiring dental students
Oct. 17, 7 – 8:30 p.m. CDT
Interviewing for dental school (live mock interview)
Oct. 23, 7 – 8:30 p.m. CDT
Free for ASDA members only
Non-traditional paths to dental school
Oct. 24, 7 – 8:30 p.m. CDT
Free for ASDA members only
To assist applicants in successfully submitting and completing their ADEA AADSAS® application, the ADEA GoDental Virtual Fairs will open as “ADEA AADSAS Live” for one additional day on Monday, August 7.
All current dental school applicants are invited to join ADEA AADSAS Live—a free, online event for current applicants to chat live directly with customer service representatives regarding the application.
In addition to ADEA AADSAS customer service staff, dedicated experts will be available during the event to offer tips and answer questions about specific topics, including:
- Fee Assistance Program (FAP) | 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Personal Statement | 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Letters of Evaluation | 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Financing a Dental Education | 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Those applicants who registered for or attended the ADEA GoDental Virtual Fairs on May 21 or June 15 do not need to register again, and will automatically receive information about logging in on August 7, 2017.
Applicants who did not participate in the 2017 ADEA GoDental Virtual Fairs will need register to access the event.
The American Dental Education Association Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (ADEA AADSAS®) is now open on a redesigned platform.
Here are five tips to help you successfully complete the application to dental school.
- Don’t wait on transcripts, DAT or letters of evaluation to submit. While transcripts are a required part of the application, they are not necessary in order to submit the application. Applicants can submit and continue to monitor the receipt of all post-secondary transcripts.
- Complete the program materials section. The program materials section is new this year. Many schools ask applicants to respond to questions specific to their institutions and to indicate which of their courses fulfill the school’s prerequisites. This section is required and must be completed before the application is submitted.
- Check messages in the application. ADEA AADSAS posts messages in the application. If there is an error with the application or the applicant status has changed, the applicant will receive a note. Applicants should check in regularly to ensure they haven’t missed any critical information.
- Use an updated resume to complete the experiences and achievements sections. While applicants typically work on the experiences and achievements sections last, there’s no need to wait. Updated resumes are a great roadmap to complete these sections.
- Have the personal statement edited by an advisor or peer. The personal statement will be sent to each dental school where an applicant applies. In order to ensure it is a good reflection of character and that there are no grammatical errors, applicants should have the personal statement reviewed by an advisor or other trusted individual who will be able to provide helpful feedback.
Note: Applicants who submit by August 1, 2017 will be invited to “Interviews With Five U.S. Dental Schools,” an exclusive, live webinar to gain first-hand interview tips from dental school admissions staff.
If you have questions or concerns about the application, contact ADEA AADSAS customer service at email@example.com or 617-612-2045.