We are pleased to announce the US 2020 MCAT® calendar is now
available online. Follow us on Twitter @AAMC_MCAT for regular updates and
We are also excited to share with you several updates to the MCAT Official Prep portfolio offered by the AAMC. This October 2019, the AAMC will launch two new, low-cost MCAT Official Prep products written by the test developers and two enhanced free resources to help you prepare for test day. Stay tuned for the official launch announcement.
New AAMC MCAT Official Prep Low-Cost Products
- AAMC MCAT Official Prep
Practice Exam 4: Practice Exam 4 will be the
fifth full-length practice exam made available by the AAMC and fourth
full-length practice exam to include estimated scaled scoring to help students
prepare for and simulate the MCAT testing conditions. This practice exam will
also include explanations for all answer choices.
- AAMC MCAT Official Prep Online Flashcards: An online version of the current print AAMC MCAT Official Flashcards and contains the same 150-individual practice questions. Students will be able to access these questions via their computer or mobile devices and track their progress in the MCAT Official Prep Hub’s online score reports.
Enhanced AAMC MCAT Official Prep Free Resources
- How to Create an MCAT Study Plan Online Guide: Study plans are an important way to help students stay organized and on track. The guide includes six steps to creating a personalized MCAT exam preparation strategy. It also provides information on how to use AAMC MCAT Official Prep resources and products. The guide includes worksheets to help examinees track their progress. Students can download the Study Plan Guide or access it as an online tool by visiting the AAMC MCAT Official Prep Hub at www.aamc.org/mcatprep.
- Updated Practice with Exam Features Tool: This free tool has been updated with 12 MCAT questions, three from each section, and allows students to become familiar with the various features of the MCAT exam, such as highlight and strikethrough. All questions include the correct answer and solution explanation.
The new MCAT Official Prep products, Practice Exam 4 and the online flashcards, will be added to the AAMC Fee Assistance Program starting in October 2019. AAMC Fee Assistance Program awardees who have opted to receive their MCAT Official Prep products benefit in 2019 will also be granted access to these products, in addition to the current online AAMC MCAT Official Prep products. Please visit our website for more information and the full list of Fee Assistance Program benefits. If you have questions about the Fee Assistance Program, please contact email@example.com or 202-828-0600.
Webinar: Meet UQ Ochsner Students
current UQ Ochsner Students and an Admissions Advisor.
7pm ET/6pm CT/5pm MT/4pm PT
Interested in applying to UQ
Ochsner Clinical School?
It can be easy to assume that academic metrics are all that matters in the admissions process. However, admissions committees are looking at many different factors when evaluating applications. Learn about two of the 15 Core Competencies that are important qualities for entering medical students.
Applying to medical school can feel overwhelming at times, but it doesn’t always have to feel that way. It’s normal to feel anxious about the process, but there are resources to help you manage stress and keep yourself on track.
With many students taking the MCAT this summer, I wanted to let
you know that applications are still open for The University of Queensland
Faculty of Medicine Ochsner Clinical School entering class of 2020, beginning
in February 2020.
UQ Ochsner Clinical School will be conducting
interviews in New Orleans and via video conference through late September 2019,
so potential applicants taking the MCAT in June or July are encouraged to
submit their application and transcripts now. Interview spaces are limited.
Minimum requirements to apply:
- MCAT score of 504 taken since January 2017
- B average, cumulative Bachelor’s Degree (or higher), awarded 2010 or later
- US citizenship or permanent residency
As always, I encourage you to contact me directly with any questions that you may have about the program.
Vice President, Enrollment Management
We are excited to announce that the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) has launched the Choose DO Explorer, the Association’s first online search tool created to help prospective medical students more readily find information about admission to osteopathic medical colleges.
The Explorer provides information on school locations, dual degree options, institutional campus settings, mean overall GPA and MCAT scores for enrolled students, and application deadlines, among other relevant college details.
With 25 percent of all U.S. medical students now attending a college of osteopathic medicine, the field has become one of the fastest growing health professions in the nation. As part of the Choose DO initiative, the Explorer reflects AACOM’s commitment to promoting osteopathic medical education as a preferred pathway for future physicians and looks to increase the number of qualified physicians available to meet U.S. health care needs.
Enhancements and added searchable criteria will be made to the Explorer in the future.